Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The process of grieving

I had to finally pick out the keepsake box to put our little Ava's ashes into today.  As i was standing in line at the store where we had picked out the beautiful box; I started tearing up.  I literally felt like i could just break out sobbing in front of the whole store.  I was holding a baby keepsake box that most people purchase for happy keepsakes for their child.  I was purchasing this box to put the remains of my precious daughter into.  Words cannot describe how helpless and devastating that feeling is as a parent.  As I got to the counter to show the clerk my words that I had written earlier to be engraved on the box; I was shaking and tears were quietly rolling down my face.  She kept asking me if I was ok.....well, no not really.  All I could think was that these words that came from my heart still could not adequately explain how special she was and how much her daddy and I loved her.  I am definitely in the worst part of grieving right now; everything in my body hurts, my mind is mentally exhausted, and I am just completely broken.  I don't eat; I really try to because I know I need to but just can't.  My mom bought me chick fila for lunch today (my favorite) and I haven't taken a bite of it yet.  I just can't seem to eat anything.  I pray constantly for God to carry us through this terrible storm and I believe he is; but sometimes it is hard for me to feel his presence.

Here are the words that I wrote to have on her box:
Ava Elizabeth Ryan
March 4, 2013

Our Beautiful Ava, you will forever be loved and missed.  We had you in our lives such a very short time, but we'll hold you in our hearts forever.  We had the world when we had you; you are truly our angel.  You are safe in the arms of Jesus.  

"Before i formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart."  
 - Jeremiah 1:5

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your sadness. I love what you wrote on the box and am glad that you're leaning towards God instead of away from him. We pray for you and the family constantly and please know that you are loved.
    Take care,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read every blog through tears...plz try to eat..love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for continuing to share with us all Kimberly. I lift you and your family daily in prayer as you all learn to live without Ava.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs