Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weathering the storm

Do you ever feel like life is a big storm?  I have felt that way lately; some days I feel like I'm in the eye of the storm where things are a bit more calm and easier to handle and other days (like today) the storm is raging and out of control.  The past couple of weeks have been that way for me; very up and down to say the least which is to be expected.  Surprisingly, I haven't really cried in a few days so i guess I was due for a big cry today.  Even though I know that Ava is in a much better place and with a God that is much more equipped to take care of her than we are; I still miss her and long to have her in my arms.  It is amazing how attached you become to someone after carrying them for months during pregnancy.  Ava was a part of me, so it makes sense to feel as if a part of me died when she did.  I am doing the best that I can with trying to regain some sort of normal for our family again, but it is a daily struggle and sometimes I don't succeed.  I have been reading a ton of books, but one in particular has really helped me to work through some of my grief.  The title is "I will carry you" by Angie Smith.  Our stories are somewhat similar, but definitely not the same.  This family found out at around 18 weeks that their baby was incompatible with life and would not survive.  The little girl ended up living for about 2 hours after delivery and then passed away.  The faith that this mother showed has been such an encouragement to me to make sure that I keep my faith and use it to help others.  Our little Ava has already been working in our lives and making us stronger as a family and in Christ as well. I pray that through this tragedy,  we can help bring others to him as well.  The support that we have received and still are has been truly amazing.  Ava has had several memorials dedicated in her name which has been humbling and we appreciate people honoring her.  The cards and letters have been so uplifting and help us more than you realize.  Thank you all!  Please continue to pray for our family and also for me as far as physical healing.  This C section has definitely been harder on me than the last and I pray that my energy/strength returns very soon .  I am healing ok, just not as fast as I would like and I have a very active toddler that needs her mommy back at 100 %.  Once again, thank you for your prayers.  God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Ive read Angie's book and been following her blog for years now. I just tweeted to her about you and she replied: @angiesmith19: @Anne_E3 im so sorry to hear of her loss…praying for her right now...

    <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs